In this bog, I will explain you how the user management work in oracle 12c.
Starting from Oracle 12C there are two types of user.
- Common User
- Local User
- Common user have the access to all PDB except seed pdb
- Common user start with C## prefix
- SYS and SYSTEM are the common user created by oracle
- If specifying the DEFAULT TABLESPACE, TEMPORARY TABLESPACE, QUOTA and PROFILE clauses as part of CREATE USER ,then you must ensure that those objects existing in all containers (PDB) below the CDB
- User-created schema objects owned by COMMON USERS cannot be shared across PDB boundaries
- Common user will be visible in container as well as pluggable database
- It is not recommended to create objects under common user
- Local user will be created under PDB database only
- Local user will be visible to respective pdb and hide from another pdb
- Don’t need prefix as C## for creating local user
Thanks for visiting this post. Please contact us if you are looking for training.
Subscribe to our channel for unlimited learning. Thank you!!!